What a wonderful morning of celebration! On 10 March, UNSW’s Capital W, UTS’ Women in Business, Macquarie’s Women Entering Business, and USYD’s Network of Women collaborated to create an event where men and women came together to ‘Take a Stand’ and #BeBoldForChange. Our panel consisted of:
- Cindy Hook: CEO at Deloitte
- Stewart Brentnall: Chief Investment Officer at ANZ
- Verity Firth: CEO of the Public Education Foundation and former MP
- Yolanda Beattie: Principal and practice leader for diversity and inclusion practice for Mercer in Australia
- Scott Wharton: EGM of Strategy and Performance in Enterprise Systems at CBA
Facilitated by Catherine Fox (journalist and former columnist of ‘Corporate Women’ at the AFR Boss Magazine), the panelists discussed the importance of gender equality in the workplace, shared measures their workplaces were taking to obtain this goal, and answered questions from the audience. This was followed by a networking session where students had the chance to ask our panelists questions one on one and meet representatives from our combined 21 sponsors across the four societies.