Salesforce – the leader in enterprise cloud computing and one of the top 10 places to work according to Fortune magazine – is seeking an intern for our Computer Security Incident Response team (CSIRT).
The CSIRT is responsible for 24x7x365 security monitoring and effective incident response across all Salesforce environments. Together we deliver a world class, global response capability which protects our customers and company from potential malicious activity.
As an intern, you’ll be working in a highly collaborative and operational environment analysing security alert data and assisting our team respond to potential incidents.
This position is based in our Sydney, New South Wales offices.
- Graduating by the end of 2020 in your Computer Science, Information Technology or Software Engineering degree
- Strong technical understanding of network fundamentals and common Internet protocols
- Strong technical understanding of operating system fundamentals (client and server), including memory management, hardware abstraction layers and virtualisation
- Technical understanding of the information security threat landscape or several recent open source malicious attacks
- Familiarity with Microsoft Windows and Linux/Unix system administration and security controls.
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills; ability to communicate effectively and clearly to both technical and non-technical staff.
- Operational experience monitoring devices such as network and host-based intrusion detection systems, web application firewalls, database security monitoring systems, firewalls/routers/switches, proxy servers, antivirus systems, file integrity monitoring tools, and operating system logs.
- System forensics/investigation skills, including analyzing system artifacts (file system, memory, running processes, network connections) for indicators of infection/compromise.
- Strong foundations in one or all of the following languages: Python, Bash, Powershell
- Relevant information security certifications, such as SANS GCIA, SANS GCIH, SANS GPEN, SANS GCFA, Offensive Security OSCP.
Next Steps for Our Recruitment Process
- Applications close 30 March at noon
- Face to Face interviews with Salesforce
- Start date will be during November 2020
- Duration of this internship will be 12 weeks
Please click here to apply.