Sydney Investment Banking Internship – Application Link. – Application close date: Tuesday 31 July 2018, 12pm (AEST).
Do you want to help our clients buy and sell equities, foreign currencies, interest rates and credit? You’ll:
• make markets for our clients in a particular product area and, using the firm’s capital, manage a portfolio of positions.
• work closely with Sales to deliver competitive pricing and liquidity to clients.
• gain exposure to trading desks across a range of products and clients.
You’ll be working in the Investment Client Services team, looking after professional investors like asset managers and fund managers. You’ll give them advice and do everything that’s needed to buy and sell securities for them. From start to finish. You’ll be able to draw on the strength of our platforms, products, services and people worldwide to give your clients whatever they need.
Your experience and skills
Our internship program is for students in penultimate year. It doesn’t matter what you’re studying. (Really, it doesn’t.) But we’d like to see evidence that you can:
• analyze a problem, take a view and come to a decision
• plan, organize and communicate well
• make things happen
• stick with a task
• work in a team
• come up with ideas
Perhaps you’ve organized a fundraising event or taken part in team sports? Or persevered and passed an exam in a subject you found challenging? Think about how things you’ve achieved match the skills we’re after.
On this 11-week summer program, you’ll be working with our experts and learning about the industry, our clients, our firm and a specific area of it. You’ll have plenty of opportunities to develop new skills and make contacts. And if you impress us, we might invite you to join our Graduate Talent Program once you’ve graduated.